Monday, March 26, 2012

MDAC 2.71 Memory Leak

Hi everyone,
I understand SQL Server 2000 SP3 contains an MDAC 2.71
version that causes Memory Leak. However, If I install
MDAC 2.71 through Windows Update, would the server suffer
from Memory Leak also?
I have an SQL 2000 server running on Win 2K. My server
was never installed SP3. But, I did update MDAC 2.7
version via Windows Update. Few months later, my server
now is experiencing Memory Leak. When I run MDAC component
checker, there does have mismatches of MDAC 2.7 SP1 or 2.7
XP SP1. I wonder how do I fix that? I don't really want
to install SP3a. Would install the latest version of MDAC
(2.71a) fix the problem?
Thank you very very very much!!
AnnieHave you looked at the date and time stamp related to the
MDAC installation ? Is this on a dual or higher processor
server ? I am researching the same but on multiple
processor problem with the MDAC.
Bruce
>--Original Message--
>Hi everyone,
> I understand SQL Server 2000 SP3 contains an MDAC 2.71
>version that causes Memory Leak. However, If I install
>MDAC 2.71 through Windows Update, would the server suffer
>from Memory Leak also?
> I have an SQL 2000 server running on Win 2K. My server
>was never installed SP3. But, I did update MDAC 2.7
>version via Windows Update. Few months later, my server
>now is experiencing Memory Leak. When I run MDAC
component
>checker, there does have mismatches of MDAC 2.7 SP1 or
2.7
>XP SP1. I wonder how do I fix that? I don't really want
>to install SP3a. Would install the latest version of MDAC
>(2.71a) fix the problem?
>Thank you very very very much!!
>Annie
>.
>|||Mine is Dual processor.
I run MDAC Component Check on my SQL Server 2000. None
of the versions of MDAC passed the tests. The closest one
is 2.7 SP1 (2.71.9030.9) with only One error on
msjtes40.dll file:
msjtes40.dll,Error,Field 'FileVersion' mismatch:
Expect '4.00.2927.8' Got '4.00.5914.0',Microsoft Jet
Expression
There is another MDAC version came out call MDAC 2.71
Refresh. The difference between MDAC 2.71 and 2.71
Refresh is mdac_typ.exe file posted on MS website.
But, I don't know what files does this mdac_typ.exe
alter.
What's your problem?
Annie
>--Original Message--
>Have you looked at the date and time stamp related to the
>MDAC installation ? Is this on a dual or higher processor
>server ? I am researching the same but on multiple
>processor problem with the MDAC.
>Bruce
>>--Original Message--
>>Hi everyone,
>> I understand SQL Server 2000 SP3 contains an MDAC 2.71
>>version that causes Memory Leak. However, If I install
>>MDAC 2.71 through Windows Update, would the server
suffer
>>from Memory Leak also?
>> I have an SQL 2000 server running on Win 2K. My
server
>>was never installed SP3. But, I did update MDAC 2.7
>>version via Windows Update. Few months later, my server
>>now is experiencing Memory Leak. When I run MDAC
>component
>>checker, there does have mismatches of MDAC 2.7 SP1 or
>2.7
>>XP SP1. I wonder how do I fix that? I don't really
want
>>to install SP3a. Would install the latest version of
MDAC
>>(2.71a) fix the problem?
>>Thank you very very very much!!
>>Annie
>>.
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment