Friday, March 30, 2012

MDB to SDF

My company has purchased the SQL 2005 Server Enterprise and I have imported the Access database to the SQL Server.

I have built a SQL 2005 mobile database (a sdf file) within VS.net 2005. Can any one tell me how to load it to the SQL server management studio and transfer tables from SQL Server Enterprise database to the SQL 2005 Server Mobile database?

By the way, I could not fine the “SQLMobile.sql” file mentioned in the article named “Step by step: Developing a SQL Mobile Application with Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005”, which I downloaded from Microsoft website. Anyone knows?

Thanks in advance.

There is a MSI in that white paper which you need to download to get SQLMobile.sql.

You can use SQL Server Integration Services to transfer the data between different data bases.

Thanks,

Laxmi Narsimha Rao ORUGANTI, MSFT, SQL Mobile, Microsoft Corporation

|||

Laxmi NRO MSFT ,

Thank you very much for your help.

I downloaded the MSI and finished the "Step by step" exercise. It is very helpful and I have the confidence to finish my project now.

|||

Thanks alot and pleasee feel free to post your comments on the paper so that we can keep updating it for more and more usefulness.

Thanks,

Laxmi Narsimha Rao ORUGANTI, MSFT, SQL Mobile, Microsoft Corporation

|||

Hi,

I want to import tables and data in them from an access database(.mdb) to .sdf file (i.e SQL 2005 compact Edition).

Could you please guide me the steps to do this.

Thanks and regards

G Sreenaiah <gsreenaiah@.msn.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment