Friday, March 30, 2012

MDF

I have a system in Vb using SQL 2000.
happens that MDF has + - 400 mdf mb. And LDF increases reaching 2 Gb in 1
w a lot!
Does have as creating a routine for everyday to reduce the space of this
file?
Manually, I make the backup log <name table> with truncate only.. and later
I make the shrink database!
An option exists in Enterprise Manager of <Database Maintenance Plans> where
configures the maintenances (backup, shrink, etc)... I Made the tests and it
didn't reduce the size! IS THIS THE CORRECT OPTION FOR THIS?Hi
You can create a maintenance plan to do this, or alternatively craft your
own ot use sqlmaint without an existing plan.
If you log file is not shrinking then check out:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...r />
_1uzr.asp
John
"Frank Dulk" <fdulk@.bol.com.br> wrote in message
news:uinlXfLLFHA.3064@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I have a system in Vb using SQL 2000.
> happens that MDF has + - 400 mdf mb. And LDF increases reaching 2 Gb in 1
> w a lot!
> Does have as creating a routine for everyday to reduce the space of this
> file?
> Manually, I make the backup log <name table> with truncate only.. and
> later
> I make the shrink database!
> An option exists in Enterprise Manager of <Database Maintenance Plans>
> where
> configures the maintenances (backup, shrink, etc)... I Made the tests and
> it
> didn't reduce the size! IS THIS THE CORRECT OPTION FOR THIS?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment