Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MDAC 2.8 on SQL 2000 Sp3a

Any reason why MDAC 2.8 should NOT be installed on the above server? A
colleague has an error linking a Excel spreadsheet (linked server) and the
MS site suggests Jet 4 SP8. However it claims I do not have Jet 4 SP3 yet
and that is the minimum required to add SP8! I thought MDAC 2.8 would get me
bang up to date with Jet.
Thanks for any input.
SimonJet is no longer included with MDAC. For Jet updates see
http://www.aspfaq.com/2342
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)
"Simon" <simoncar@.NotThisBittotalise.co.uk> wrote in message
news:#7j$g7RXEHA.4064@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Any reason why MDAC 2.8 should NOT be installed on the above server? A
> colleague has an error linking a Excel spreadsheet (linked server) and the
> MS site suggests Jet 4 SP8. However it claims I do not have Jet 4 SP3 yet
> and that is the minimum required to add SP8! I thought MDAC 2.8 would get
me
> bang up to date with Jet.
> Thanks for any input.
> Simon
>

No comments:

Post a Comment