Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MDAC 3.7

I need to install MDAC 3.7 on two of my front end servers. One is Server 2000 with MDAC 2.7, the other is Server 2003 with MDAC 2.8. From my understanding I ned SQL SP3 to get this version of MDAC. The two front end only 1 or 2 components of SQL server on
them, should I stil get the SP for these servers?
Thanks for your time!
I'm not real sure which version of MDAC you are looking for.
There is no MDAC 3.7. The latest version is 2.8. You can
download the latest MDAC version from:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/Default.aspx
Having clients and servers in synch with their SP versions
can make troubleshooting easier. It's not a bad idea to have
the clients running with the latest service pack.
-Sue
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:07:02 -0700, "j-me712"
<j-me712@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to install MDAC 3.7 on two of my front end servers. One is Server 2000 with MDAC 2.7, the other is Server 2003 with MDAC 2.8. From my understanding I ned SQL SP3 to get this version of MDAC. The two front end only 1 or 2 components of SQL server o
n them, should I stil get the SP for these servers?
>Thanks for your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment